Search This Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Injustice of it all... Day 5

Ok. I made it to day 5. Haven't had a meltdown or a "serious" craving yet. Even had company for dinner last night and I didn't rush out before my last bite was fully swallowed to have that "after dinner" smoke. Couldn't even soften the blow with an extra glass or two of vino thanks to this %$#$%$# cleanse.

The injustice? Gee, I don't know. A little acknowledgement from my children, perhaps, would be nice. Me, who's driven to every practice, baked every cake, cookie, pizza and casserole known to mankind, hosted all those damned "welcome to the team" parties not to mention freezing my pittoottie off watching the little darlings play into the wee hours of the night.......Bitter???Me???? Psahw!!!! Perish the thought.


Of all the things I thought I had taught my children, I thought I had done a good job at teaching them how to be encouraging. I tried to do this by example.

I guess I wasn't as good a teacher as I thought.......

Who knows, maybe I'm reading too much into it. But it just seems to me that people are quick on the draw to judge and " tsk tsk " you, but not so quick to offer you praise and encouragement.

Could also be me.

So there is day 5 in a nutshell. Not comical today folks, sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe not comical but dead-on; you deserve their encouragement. I hope they read this and are reminded of the never-ending amounts you delivered unconditionally over the course of their lives. Keep it up, you're doing great! Maybe it will get better when the cleanse is over and you can have a crantini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....I just needed to "vent" a little. Perhaps I DID have a wee meltdown after all......thanks for the words of encouragement "C" xo

    ReplyDelete